Ask an Expert with George Marshall
Listen to George Marshall, the founding director of Climate Outreach, speak with Indra Heerkens, communications lead for our Climate Action Portfolio. George and Indra will talk about why it’s so important to reach everyone with the facts about climate change and how governments can engage and motivate the public.
The conversation will be live on 30 September at 4:00pm CET (11:00am EDT). You can ask George questions in the comments during the session, or watch the recording afterwards. We look forward to seeing you there!
George Marshall is the founding director of Climate Outreach, an organisation founded in 2004 as the first British charity to focus exclusively on public engagement with climate change.
George has 30 years of experience at all levels of communications and advocacy – from community-level protest movements, to senior positions in Greenpeace and the Rainforest Foundation, to advisory roles for governments, businesses the United Nations and World Bank.
He is an award-winning documentary maker and writes regularly on climate change issues for The Guardian, The New Statesman, New Scientist and The Ecologist. He has written two books: Carbon Detox (Hamlyn Gaia, 2010) which addresses personal behaviour, and Don’t Even Think About It: Why our Brains are Wired to Ignore Climate Change (Bloomsbury US, 2014), written for a general audience on the psychology of climate change.
Where can I watch the session?
Join us right back here to watch the session at 4:00pm CET on Thursday 30 September, or watch it on our Facebook, YouTube or LinkedIn pages.
Want to catch up on our past sessions?
- Kenneth Lavelle, Deputy Director of Operations from Médecins Sans Frontières
- Harish Hande, Founder and CEO of SELCO Foundation
- Jessy Tolkan, Purpose Climate Lab and Jessie Macneil-Brown, Ingka Group
- Sarah Klassen from Start Network and Jon Stone from Risk-informed Early Action Partnership (REAP)
- Willy Foote, Founder and CEO and Katie Naeve, Director of Impact Partnerships at Root Capital
- Jesper Brodin, CEO of Ingka Group
- Willem Ferwerda, Commonland and Sharla Halvorson, Inter IKEA Group
- Barri Shorey, International Rescue Committee
- Alexander Betts, Oxford University and Ola Rosling, Gapminder
- Sofia Kouvelaki, The HOME Project
- Jacqueline Novogratz, Acumen
- Jane Burston, Clean Air Fund
- Abubakarr Jalloh, UNHCR
- May Mei, GoalBlue
- Ravi Venkatesan, GAME
- Laurence Tubiana and Nigel Topping, COP Champions
- Josh Karliner and Dr. Maria Guevara
- Richard van der Laken, What Design Can Do
- Damilola Ogunbiyi, SEforAll