GEAPP brings together influential philanthropic, government, donor, MDB, DFI and private sector partners to accelerate an equitable energy transition in emerging and developing economies. The Programme Manager GEAPP is responsible for ensuring that maximum impact for people and planet is generated from IKEA Foundation’s contribution to the initiative.
As Programme Manager, you will be part of our Climate Action team, a small but enthusiastic team of people that is committed to make a difference. You will report to the Head of Portfolio and will work closely with the team’s support functions in Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation, in Project Control and in Communications. The position is 38 hours, based at the Foundation’s office in Leiden, the Netherlands.
The GEAPP Programme Manager will be responsible for:
- Building a strong working relationship with the GEAPP management team, to ensure cross-organisational alignment on objectives and strategies
- Advising the GEAPP management team across all aspects of implementation, helping GEAPP to maximise impact and ensuring that IKEA Foundation’s inputs and interests are reflected in the decision making of GEAPP
- Ensuring IKEA Foundation is appropriately represented in the relevant GEAPP governance body(s)
- Supporting the relationship management between the IKEA Foundation and key external partners which have a role in GEAPP
- Establishing information sharing and communication mechanisms between GEAPP and the IKEA Foundation, enabling quick decision-making, transparency and accountability
- Working closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning department, ensure systems are in place to effectively monitor the performance of GEAPP on behalf of IKEA Foundation
- Maximising synergies including working with other portfolios where appropriate to identify opportunities to leverage IKEA Foundation’s other work in support GEAPP’s objectives
- Ensuring the operational aspects of GEAPP as they relate to IKEA Foundation function smoothly
- Providing the necessary technical insight and advice to ensure that IKEA Foundation leadership is well prepared and able to contribute effectively at the GEAPP Board
- Working with the IKEA Foundation Communications Team to ensure communications around GEAPP are well co-ordinated and aligned with IKEA Foundation’s overall communication strategy
- Extracting learning and insights from the alliance and sharing these with key internal and external stakeholders
- At least 10 years’ experience in the Renewable Energy sector, including relevant experience and knowledge in the field of renewable energy access and/or energy transition. This experience could have been gained from working in private sector, public sector, philanthropy, or financing organisations
- Demonstrable experience of project management and working in developing countries, including Africa
- Knowledge of the range of private and public sector players relevant to service delivery and financing in the on- and off-grid energy sectors
- A good understanding of the role of clean energy and its relevance to combatting climate change
- Motivated by living and sharing the values of IKEA Foundation
- Purpose driven with a deep commitment to improving lives of people and the planet
- A strategic and analytical systems thinker with the ability to dissect complex challenges, understand root causes and develop creative yet sound approaches to problem-solving and decision-making
- A skilled facilitator and convenor
- A collaborative executor with a strong track record of delivering high quality results for internal and external stakeholders
- Able to challenge assumptions and early learning in a constructive, evidence-based way and ask pointed questions that open new thinking
- A natural networker, able to build strong relationships at all levels and across cultures and both internally and externally
- Able to identify where complementary skills are needed and pull them in from within the team and across the organisation
- A confident and persuasive communicator who communicates in a simple, straightforward and inclusive manner
- Flexible and pragmatic, open to the ideas of others and willing to adapt to achieve results
- Fluent in English, oral and written
- Able to travel internationally up to 30%
A pre-employment screening as well as an online assessment will be part of the application process.
What we offer
We offer a dynamic working environment amongst co-workers from different nationalities. Amongst these nationalities, we share a single culture and set of values. You will be able to contribute to constantly improving the grant-making experience at the IKEA Foundation. In doing so, you will have the opportunity to work with innovative solutions and you will be challenged to come up with ideas for improvements in all areas. The better we can support our co-workers and partners, the more time and energy they can spend on the causes that we support!
How to apply
Interested applicants should apply through our designated recruitment agency, Perrett Laver, by clicking here. Please submit your application as soon as possible but no later than 9am CEST on 30 May 2022.